Event & Guest Services
Event & Guest Services Office
Adele H. Stamp Student Union - Center for Campus Life
University of Maryland
Office Hours: Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Download PDF Brochure:EGS_Brochure_2021.pdf (17.08 MB)
Flip through Online Brochure: https://stamp.umd.edu/EGSBrochure2021
Website Assistance To Answer Questions
If you have questions about these commonly requested topics, please view the menu items listed above and to the left. Once you click on a menu item, information on that specific topic will be provided.
- Rooms (you can also view the brochure above)
- Room Rental & Equipment Rates & Room Capacities
- Technology Price List
- Catering Information
- How to Reserve Rooms (eCalendar Help)
If after viewing information provided on this website you have additional questions, please contact the Event & Guest Services office at 301-314-8488 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This phone line and email are answered Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, whenever the University is open.
VISITING THE STAMP
We have Guest Services Assistants available at our Information Desk to provide you with detailed information about the Stamp Student Union. We do our best to also help answer questions about the campus and the surrounding area. The Information Desk is staff anytime the building is open to the public.
HOSTING AN EVENT IN STAMP
We have information on our website about our meeting rooms and event space (rates and capacities), technology services and equipment, catering, ticketing services, and special discounts.
Event & Guest Services also coordinates use of the following outdoor spaces:
- McKeldin Mall and McKeldin Steps
- Hornbake Plaza
- Nyumburu Amphitheater
- Stamp Outside Tables
- Expressive Activity (Free Speech) Spaces
- Academic Classroom Spaces (limited access for student orgs during fall/spring semester)
Event requests must generally be submitted at least 7 days in advance, using Stamp eCalendar.
Our clients must use eCalendar to submit event requests. eCalendar can also be used to check for availability. Feel free to contact us to set up a tour of our facility or to speak with an Event Services Coordinator to help plan your event. For additional information, continue down to the section on Reserving Space.
- University Departments - email@example.com
- Student Organizations - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classroom Requests (student orgs only) - email@example.com
- Non-University - firstname.lastname@example.org
GENERAL EVENT GUIDELINES
- Stamp Student Union meeting and event spaces are operating at normal capacity. Normal room capacity information is available on our website at https://stamp.umd.edu/events/event_guest_services/capacities_rates
- There are no physical distancing restrictions in place for events
- Normal event cancellation policy is in effect for all events
- 35 business days in advance for ballrooms
- 10 business days in advance for other other spaces
- 7 Step Guide for student organizations
- Rooms/spaces must be reserved at least 7 days in advance
- Room setups should be finalized at least 2 weeks prior to an event
- Event AV should be finalized at least 2 weeks prior to an event
- Event Timing: The start and end times for your reservation will be listed on your confirmation
- You will not have access to your reserved space more than 15 minutes prior to the start time listed on your confirmation. If your event is scheduled to begin at the same time the building opens for the day you will not have any early access to the building, unless you request an early open, which must be done at least 14 business days in advance.
- The end time listed on your confirmation is the time when your event must be over and you must also leave the room. We strongly suggest you end your event before the time listed on your reservation so you have time to pack up any personal items and exit the space.
- There are additional fees for late requests from some equipment
- Event AV requests submitted 5 days or less in advance
Day of the event requests for some event equipment (See Equipment Fees under the Capacities and Rates tab)
HEALTH & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- Masks are optional, with the following exception
- Mask are required in patient care areas, including the University Health Center
- Practice good hand hygiene at all times
- Stay home when feeling sick
STUDENT ORGANIZATION EVENT APPROVALS
- SORC will continue to review all student organization events (virtual, hybrid, and in-person events) for approval
- If your event will occur inside the Stamp Stamp Student Union, any Stamp managed outside space, or in an academic classroom space please submit your space requests in eCalendar first, then submit your event for approval with SORC.
- For more information on the SORC event approval process
HYBRID AND VIRTUAL EVENTS
Event AV will to work with clients to stream event content to multiple locations and/or to virtual participants
ACADEMIC CLASSROOM REQUESTS (Student Organizations Only)
Requests for classroom spaces will not be accepted in eCalendar until the first day of classes for fall and spring semester for events occurring during the same semester. All requests must be submitted at least 7 days in advance, and a SORC Event Approval Form must be submitted for each request. Please plan accordingly. We only have access to a limited number of specific classroom spaces in specific buildings. The average classroom capacity is 40.
This office only manages classroom requests for registered student organizations. University Departments should contact the Academic Scheduling Office for assistance. Non-University groups must contact Conferences & Visitor Services for assistance.
RESERVING SPACE (Stamp eCalendar)
eCalendar is the software programs that allows clients to submit event requests online. Requests must be submitted at least 7 days in advance.
UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENTS & STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
If you are representing a university department or student organization you must request an eCalendar account. For more information about eCalendar, including links to an account request form, go to our eCalendar help page https://stamp.umd.edu/events/event_guest_services/ecalendar_help
For student organizations we have a handy 7-step guide.
If you are an individual student that would like to reserve an outside table space for a class project, you can submit a request at Class Project Table.
NON UNIVERSITY CLIENTS
If you are not a member of the university community there are opportunities for you to use our meeting rooms and event spaces for some events. We also welcome members of the university community interesting in hosting a personal event (birthday and anniversary parties, etc.). Please contact us directly at email@example.com for more information. You can also submit an event inquiry in eCalendar by clicking the green Request a Room button under the heading Welcome Guest.
(University departments and student orgs that submit guest event inquiries and do not use a official eCalendar account, will have their guest requests denied)
FREE SPEECH AND PUBLIC SPEAKING
If you are a non-university group/organization and would like to exercise your right to free speech on this campus, you can fill out our online request form on our Terp Link page. If your request is confirmed, you should have your confirmation with you while you are on campus. Please read the form in its entirety to ensure that you are prepared to abide by all university policies.
BUSINESSES AND CORPORATIONS
If you are interested in marketing your business to university students, you can do so by becoming a Stamp Supporter. For more information on being a Stamp Supporter, please contact Casey Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-314-3694.
If you are interested in recruiting students for employment, please contact the University Career Center. The Career Center will help facilitate the reserving of space to recruit students.
The TerpZone is a billiards, bowling, and recreation area located in the basement of the Adele H. Stamp Student Center for Campus Life.
To view more information about the TerpZone please visit https://stamp.umd.edu/centers/terpzone
Concerts, recitals, performances, meetings, retreats, baptisms, weddings and more all take place in the Memorial Chapel. UMD departments and student groups, as well as the general public, are welcome to reserve a space today. Check us out at Memorial Chapel Website or call 301-314-9866.
Stamp Special Events
If you’re interested in learning more about Stamp Special Events, including Homecoming, All Niter, StampFest, Maryland Day at The Stamp, Stamp Study Zone, or Sizzlin’ Summer Series, please visit:
Every community owes its existence and strength to the generations before them, around the world, who contributed their hopes, dreams, and energy into making the history that led to this moment.
Truth and acknowledgement are critical in building mutual respect and connections across all barriers of heritage and difference.
So, we acknowledge the truth that is often buried: We are on the ancestral lands of the Piscataway People, who are the ancestral stewards of this sacred land. It is their historical responsibility to advocate for the four-legged, the winged, those that crawl and those that swim. They remind us that clean air and pristine waterways are essential to all life.
This Land Acknowledgement is a vocal reminder for each of us as two-leggeds to ensure our physical environment is in better condition than what we inherited, for the health and prosperity of future generations.