Event & Guest Services
Event & Guest Services at the Adele H. Stamp Student Union, University of Maryland
Download PDF Brochure:EGS_Brochure_2021.pdf
Flip through Online Brochure: https://stamp.umd.edu/EGSBrochure2021
VISITING THE STAMP
Welcome to Stamp Event & Guest Services! From this site you can find information to help you plan your next visit to the Stamp Student Union or a special event held in the facility. We have Guest Services Assistants available at our Information Desk to provide you with detailed information about the Stamp Student Union. We can also help answer questions about the campus and the surrounding area.
HOSTING AN EVENT IN STAMP
We have information on our website about our meeting rooms and event space (rates and capacities), technology services and equipment, catering, ticketing services, and special discounts.
Our clients must use eCalendar to submit event requests. eCalendar can also be used to check for availability. Feel free to contact us to set up a tour of our facility or to speak with an Event Services Coordinator to help plan your event. For additional information, continue down to the section on Reserving Space.
- University Department - email@example.com
- Student Organizations - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classroom Requests (student orgs only) - email@example.com
- Non-University - firstname.lastname@example.org
GENERAL EVENT GUIDELINES
- Stamp Student Union meeting and event spaces are operating at full capacity. Normal room capacity information is available on our website at https://stamp.umd.edu/events/event_guest_services/capacities_rates
- There are no physical distancing restrictions in place for events
- Normal event cancellation policy is in effect for all events
- Effective, February 28, the indoor mask mandate has ended, except for the following:
- Classrooms and other instructional spaces (KN95 masks required in these settings)
- All patient care areas, including the University Health Center, and all COVID-19 testing locations
HEALTH & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- Wearing a mask is strongly encouraged indoors, and at crowed outdoor events
- Practicing good hand hygiene is necessary
- Staying home when feeling sick is necessary
- Visit https://umd.edu/4Maryland for all UMD COVID related information
STUDENT ORGANIZATION EVENT APPROVALS
- SORC will continue to review all student organization events (virtual, hybrid, and in-person events) for approval
- If your event will occur inside the Stamp Stamp Student Union, any Stamp managed outside space, or in an academic classroom space please submit your space requests in eCalendar first, then submit your event for approval with SORC.
- For more information on the SORC event approval process
HYBRID AND VIRTUAL EVENTS
Stamp IT will to work with clients to stream event content to multiple locations and/or to virtual participants
ACADEMIC CLASSROOM REQUESTS (Student Organizations Only)
Requests for classroom spaces for fall semester 2022 will not be accepted in eCalendar until Monday, August 29. Events will not be able to occur until Monday, September 5. Please plan accordingly. We only have access to a limited number of specific classroom spaces in specific buildings.
This office only manages classroom requests for registered student organizations. University Departments should contact the Academic Scheduling Office for assistance. Non-University groups must contact Conferences & Visitor Services for assistance.
RESERVING SPACE (Stamp eCalendar)
eCalendar is the software programs that allows clients to submit event requests online.
UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENTS & STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
If you are representing a university department or student organization you must request an eCalendar account. For more information about eCalendar, including links to an account request form, go to our eCalendar help page https://stamp.umd.edu/events/event_guest_services/ecalendar_help
If you are an individual student that would like to reserve an outside table space for a class project, you can submit a request at Class Project Table.
NON UNIVERSITY CLIENTS
If you are not a member of the university community there are opportunities for you to use our meeting rooms and event spaces for some events. We also welcome members of the university community interesting in hosting a personal event (birthday and anniversary parties, etc.). Please contact us directly at email@example.com for more information. You can also submit an event inquiry in eCalendar by clicking the green Request a Room button under the heading Welcome Guest.
(University departments and student orgs that submit guest event inquiries and do not use a official eCalendar account, will have their guest requests denied)
FREE SPEECH AND PUBLIC SPEAKING
If you are a non-university group/organization and would like to exercise your right to free speech on this campus, you can fill out our online request form on our Terp Link page. If your request is confirmed, you should have your confirmation with you while you are on campus. Please read the form in its entirety to ensure that you are prepared to abide by all university policies.
BUSINESSES AND CORPORATIONS
If you are interested in marketing your business to university students, you can do so by becoming a Stamp Supporter. For more information on being a Stamp Supporter, please contact Casey Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-314-3694.
If you are interested in recruiting students for employment, please contact the University Career Center. The Career Center will help facilitate the reserving of space to recruit students.
The TerpZone is a billiards, bowling, and recreation area located in the basement of the Adele H. Stamp Student Center for Campus Life.
To view more information about the TerpZone please visit https://stamp.umd.edu/centers/terpzone
Concerts, recitals, performances, meetings, retreats, baptisms, weddings and more all take place in the Memorial Chapel. UMD departments and student groups, as well as the general public, are welcome to reserve a space today. Check us out at Memorial Chapel Website or call 301-314-9866.
Stamp Special Events
If you’re interested in learning more about Stamp Special Events, including Homecoming, All Niter, StampFest, Maryland Day at The Stamp, Stamp Study Zone, or Sizzlin’ Summer Series, please visit: