Immigrant & Undocumented Student Life
Welcome to the Immigrant and Undocumented Student Office. This office at the University of Maryland is dedicated to serve as a community home for students that may identify with the following experiences:
- Undocumented Students
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) recipients
- Temporary Protective Status (TPS) recipients
- Special Immigrant Juveniles (SIJ) recipients
- Students with mixed immigrant status family members such as parent(s), sibling(s), or extended family members.
- Students who have had family members deported
- Formally undocumented students
- Permanent Residents students
- Students raised outside of the United States who transition to the U.S. after
Our goal of our office is to have students who are navigating the college experience with any of these identities to find community and spaces to feel supported throughout your college experience. We provide social programming, staff support, and advocacy for these student populations. If you are curious about if this office is the right place for you please contact our Coordinator, Rocio, at email@example.com.
Follow us on social media and our LinkTree for resources. We encourage you to subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date with legislative updates in the immigration space, campus resources, opportunities that we highlight, and any important deadlines that we want you to take note of.
USCIS indicated that it will no longer accept one bundled payment (check, money order, etc.) for all the forms included in your DACA renewal request. Be sure to include two separate checks:
- $410 for the I-765
- $85 for the I-821D
USCIS may reject the entire package if you include a combined check for $495.