Veteran Student Life
To build and maintain a community of veteran and military-connected students, staff, faculty, and alumni at the University of Maryland that collectively supports the transition from military life to civilian college. Together, the community provides opportunities for development along the 8 Dimensions of Wellness throughout the UMD experience empowering students to develop a renewed sense of purpose and significance during and after their time at the University of Maryland.
Come Visit Us!
- Location: Student Engagement Office Ground Floor and for the 23-24 school year the Vet Center is under renovation and it is temporarily moved to LeFrak Hall, Rm 1213
At the VSL office you can find the coordinator and have one-on-one meetings and at the Vet Center you can find a space to meet other veterans, study, hang out or attend event programs.
- (1) Get access to the University of Maryland Veteran Center: The new Veterans Center is located in Le Frak Hall, Rm 2123 Thanks to a generous donation from Board of Trustee member Gordon England, the space is exclusively available for student veterans. Come spend time with each other while on campus, get a free cup of coffee, watch TV, use our computers and print for free, or study. You can get access to the Veteran Center by going to stamp.umd.edu/VetCenter. Fill out and submit the form along with your supporting documentation.
- (2) Sign up for the updates in TerpLink: Request permission to join the Veteran Student Life Group.
- (3) Connect through Social Media: Follow Veteran Student Life on Facebook, and join the TerpVets Facebook Group.
- (4) Sign up for our weekly VSL e-Newslette