Skip to main content

VA Education Benefits

You may be eligible for several types of VA education and training benefits, but there are many components to consider before you apply for a *GI Bill® program. The following comparison tool may make it easier to decide which education and training benefits are best for you; to view the different educational and training rates from the VA use the following link

*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

NOTE: The University of Maryland College Park is a Yellow Ribbon school. Follow the link to see if you qualify!  

If you have any questions concerning Veterans education benefits, please contact the Veteran's Certification Office:

Veterans Certification Office

University of Maryland 
1113 Mitchell Building 
Phone:(301) 314-8239             
Fax: (301)-314-9568 


You must fill out the UMD VA Enrollment Certification Request and submit to the Veterans Certification Office before you can receive your GI Bill benefits.

GI Bill Benefit Website — This is a great resource for Veterans and dependents about the G.I. Bill. You can create an account where you can have your questions answered by officials from the Department of Veterans Affairs. 

The University of Maryland’s Veterans Certification Official in the registrar’s office ( processes all educational benefits before sending the information to the regional VA benefits processing center in Buffalo, New York. Please take the time to read the requirements and procedures on how to file for benefits. To avoid delays in processing claims, it is extremely important to submit all information along with any changes in status. 

For more information about education benefits and other benefits available to veterans click on the following link: or contact 1-800-827-1800.

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Back to Top