The Immigrant and Undocumented Student Life office offers an UndocuTerp Faculty and Staff workshop series to assist UMD professionals with comprehension, advice, and advocacy awareness on how to support undocumented students on campus.
- A historical immigration background
- The different types of undocumented statuses
- How to best show support and allyship towards undocumented students at UMD
- Maryland state initiatives that have passed for undocumented states and how they manifest in the higher education practice
- Practical ways your office/department may support undocumented students on campus
The workshop series is divided into three 1-hour sessions. Commitment to all 3 sessions is a highly requested in order to join.
Our first fall 2021 UndocuTraining will begin in early November. Our workshop series for dall 2021 will be in a virtual format. To fill out our interest form, please fill out our google doc here by October 29, 2021. For any questions about the form please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A foundation in terminology
- Learn more about what it means to be an undocumented student
- How to support undocumented UMD students
- The Maryland state policies and resources
- Ways to continue advocating for undocumented students