Native American and Indigenous Student Involvement
Native American Indian and Indigenous Student Involvement and Advocacy
Native American/Indigenous Student Involvement promotes student development and campus participation for for students of these communities as well as anyone who would like to better understand the historical and modern conditions of Native American/Indigenous people and to experience and celebrate the Native cultures of the Americas.
We seek to educate the UMD community about Native American/Indigenous identity, history and culture as well as social issues affecting Native/Indigenous communities and are committed to the creation and maintenance of a campus environment where Native American/Indigenous identities and issues are affirmed and supported.
Opportunities For Involvement:
- 2023 UMD Pow Wow
- Community Organizing Student Intern (COSI) Program
- Native American and Indigenous Student Union (NAISU)
- Native American and Indigenous Heritage Month
- Native Roots Monologues | Collaboration between Native American Indian Heritage Month & TOTUS Spoken Word Experience
- It Means More Anti-Cultural Appropriation Campaign
- Take a Course