The Annual University Awards program recognizes and celebrates the outstanding achievements of our student leaders and scholars. Through this program, we aim to acknowledge the exceptional academic performances and contributions to the University of Maryland community and surrounding neighborhoods made by our students.
1. Who is eligible to receive an award?
- Each award has a different criteria. For all awards, you must be in good standing with the University. For further details on award criteria, please click here.
2. Who is eligible to apply for a senior award?
- Must be a Senior with an expected graduation date of Aug 2022, Dec 2022, or May 2023.
3. Who is eligible to apply for a junior award?
- Must be a Junior with an expected graduation date of Dec 2023 or May 2024.
4. Can I nominate myself for an award?
- Undergraduates and Student Organization advisors cannot self nominate. Graduate students in good standing are able to self nominate for the University Graduate Distinguished Service Award.
5. Who determines the finalists and recipients of each award?
- Each University Award has a Selection Committee that consist of faculty, staff and alumni (previous recipient of that respective award).
6. Where is the awards program held?
- The Annual University Awards Program is held the 1st Sunday of May in the Grand Ballroom of the Stamp Student Union.
7. Can I use the same essay to apply for different awards?
- Yes, however, we suggest tailoring each essay to fit the award for which you are applying. Each award has a different selection committee.