Transfer 2 Terp Learning Community
You are new to Maryland, not to college!
Transitioning into UMD will be a wonderful experience. You can ease your transition and make it more meaningful by joining the Transfer2Terp (T2T) Learning Community. T2T is the only student union based learning community exclusively for students transferring into Maryland.
The T2T Learning Community offers first-semester transfer students the opportunity to take HESI310, a 3-credit upper-level course designed to translate your previous success into a strong start at Maryland. T2T students work alongside faculty and staff to achieve a seamless transition into the campus life and culture.
Space is extremely limited.
If you have questions about the T2T Learning Community, please feel free to contact us at 301-314-0159 or at TOCSL@umd.edu.
Apply your strengths at the University of Maryland and Beyond
Through the Transfer2Terp Learning Community experience, students will:
- Recognize their talents and strengths through analysis, dialogue and experiential learning
- Utilize the various Adele H. Stamp Student Union Center for Campus Life and University resources to improve their professional network and their ability to articulate their mission and vision
- Demonstrate an ability to apply models and theories to explain the transfer student experience while effective and collaboratively working with others
- Create a plan for their personal wellness reflecting discussions of the various resources and participation in campus events
More information for Fall 2023 sections coming soon!
- Registration is accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Student register on Testudo for HESI310. New, incoming transfer students may register for the course either during the orientation process or after orientation.
- If you have questions about the registration process, please feel free to contact us at 301-314-0159 or at TOCSL@umd.edu.
STAY UP TO DATE
A very special thanks to our T2T sponsors!
They provide resources and community and off-campus for our off-campus and transfer student population. For more information about our sponsors, please visit their websites by clicking on the logos above.
Advice and Experience from Transfer Terps:
"Build connections from early on."
-Faith, Criminology and Criminal Justice '2022
"As a first-year transfer student to UMD, my experience has gone very well. I utilized the resources provided by UMD and it helped me navigate through campus and know what's available both as a transfer student and as a student in general."
-Jazsmine, Media and Digital Communications '2024
"Be yourself and always work hard to achieve your goals."
-Kai, Computer Science '2024
"I'm a transfer student and I still don't know a lot, but the TOCSL team has helped out a lot, so I'd definitely recommend reaching out to them."
-Gisselle, Business '2024
"So far, it's been pretty good. I haven't completely adjusted to knowing all the building yet, but at least I know where all my classes reside."
-Jeffrey, Economics '2025