The Latina/o/x Graduation Celebration is a commemoration that recognizes Latina/o/x graduates at the University of Maryland. The purpose of the celebration is to highlight the success and achievements of Latina/o/x graduates as well as to establish an institutionally-acknowledged cultural space at the University of Maryland. Since the first graduation celebration in May 2004, the number of Latina/o/x graduates has steadily increased.
The goal of the commencement ceremony is three-fold:
- Acknowledge the successes Latinas/os/xs at the University of Maryland.
- Motivate and encourage future Latina/o/x Terrapins to reach degree attainment at the Baccalaureate, Masters, and Doctorate level.
- Pay homage to those individuals, including family, friends, faculty, staff, and administrators, who have assisted our students to reach their degree.
The 2nd Annual Winter Latinx Graduation Celebration will take place on Saturday, December 19th, 2020 at 5PM EST. Due to COVID-19, it will take place virtually. To participate in the ceremony and receive a stole, please register by Monday, November 30th, 2020 at https://stamp.umd.edu/LGC2020
- Will the in-person ceremony be postponed?
- The in-person ceremony will not be postponed.
- Can I pick up my stole?
- No, pick-up will not be available. All stoles will be mailed out.
For more information, please contact Valeria Morales email@example.com