Native American Indian Student Involvement
No announcements to display
Native American Indian/Indigenous Student Involvement and Advocacy
Native American Indian/Indigenous Student Involvement promotes student development and campus participation for for students of these communities as well as anyone who would like to better understand the historical and modern conditions of Native American Indian/Indigenous people and to experience and celebrate the Native cultures of the Americas.
We seek to educate the UMD community about Native American Indian/Indigenous identity, history and culture as well as social issues affecting Native/Indigenous communities and are committed to the creation and maintenance of a campus environment where Native American Indian/Indigenous identities and issues are affirmed and supported.
Opportunities For Involvement:
- UMD Powwow
- Community Organizing Student Intern (COSI) Program
- American Indian Student Union (AISU)
- Native American Indian Heritage Month
- Native American Indian/Indigenous Involvement Newsletter | Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added
- Native Roots Monologues | Collaboration between Native American Indian Heritage Month & TOTUS Spoken Word Experience
- It Means More Anti-Cultural Appropriation Campaign
- Take a Course