Memorial Chapel Weddings: An Overview
Whether you are planning a large celebration or intimate affair, we are thrilled that you are considering Memorial Chapel for the location of your wedding. Anyone can be married at Memorial Chapel regardless of their affiliation to the University and cultural or faith background. Ceremonies of all sizes and traditions are welcome and can be accommodated in the majestic Main Chapel or quaint Garden Chapel. Our experienced and dedicated staff handles more than 100 weddings a year and is available to assist you every step of the way from your initial reservation to "I Do."
Weddings are held at Memorial Chapel on Saturdays and Sundays in both the Main and Garden Chapels in alternating time blocks so that no two ceremonies take place simultaneously. There are some weekends, however, that weddings cannot be accommodated due to University of Maryland functions and holidays.
A wedding reservation at Memorial Chapel includes:
- 2 hours and 45 minutes in the Chapel on your wedding day (2 hours and 30 minutes in the Garden Chapel)
- A 90-minute rehearsal on the Thursday or Friday evening before your wedding
- The services of a Chapel Event Manager at your rehearsal and wedding
- The use of Chapel sound system, musical instruments, furnishings and altar pieces during your ceremony
- Two dressing/prep rooms for Main Chapel reservations or one dressing/prep room for Garden Chapel reservations on your wedding day
To learn how to host your wedding at Memorial Chapel, please visit our special web site dedicated to weddings at Memorial Chapel.