We are a nationally award-winning marketing communications staff that produces more than 500 multi-layered campaigns each year. Our goal is to fulfill the STAMP mission "to transform and enrich the Maryland experience" by helping our internal and external clients tell their story with impact and outreach throughout campus.
We are comprised of both professional marketing and design staff as well as a suite of paid student design staff to whom we provide real-world experiential learning at our in-house agency. Our students are able to gain hands-on knowledge and experience by producing marketing campaigns for internal and external clientele that they can include in their design portfolios prior to graduation and beyond. Former student staff have gone on to posts at branding, creative and marketing agencies around the country, including Disney, Discovery, Wolff Olins, Ogilvy Mathers, The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, University of Southern California, and more. Our students have also been awarded national and international internships based on merit and accomplishments during their undergraduate study.
- Three Full-time Professional Staff: assistant director, two marketing and graphic design coordinators
- One Production Workflow Manager: graduate assistant
- Four Student Design Staff: undergraduate student staff who support STAMP by creating promotional designs and campaigns with the supervision of Full-time Professional Staff
What We Do
- Produce marketing design campaigns to promote events, programs, services hosted or produced by STAMP UNITS
- Market and promote events HELD in STAMP by outside clients, student organizations, academic departments
Services in a Nutshell
- Graphic Design, Marketing and Promotion; Branding
- Represent the Adele H. Stamp Student Union at Tabling Events (Freshman Connection, FreeFest, First Look Fair, My Maryland, Orientations, and more)
- Posters, Foam Boards, Signage, Banners, Axis TV, Stamp Homepage, Giveaways, T-Shirts, Brochures, Publications
- Chalking, Surveys, Flyers (Street Team — temporarily suspended due to COVID restrictions)
- Social Media, Press Releases, News Story Pitches (Division of Student Affairs Communicators, UMD Communicators/Office of Strategic Communications, Diamondback)
- Partnerships to Cross Promote (RecWell, DOTS, The Clarice, Athletics, Dining Services)