Thank you so much for supporting UMD Alternative Breaks! Participation in these transformative experiences would not be possible for students without donors, family members and alumni who support the program!
Gifts in support of Alternative Breaks are accepted and managed by the University of Maryland. Gifts are tax-deductible as allowed by law. Please consult your tax advisor if you have questions or concerns about your donation.
Support a Participant or Team
Make a Gift to the Alternative Breaks Scholarship Fund
If you want to:
- Support the AB Program on behalf of a student or trip online, click the "Donate Now" button above and search for the name of the Participant, or TeamLocation. “View the Page,” and follow the subsequent instructions.
- Make a payment by check, accompany your check with the Fund Gift Form. Read through the directions and send donations to Alternative Breaks, 1110 Stamp Student Union, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742.
- Matching gift donations, send the following to Alternative Breaks, 1110 Stamp Student Union, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742.
- Completed matching gift form (from the matching organization)
- Proof of donation made to be matched (copy of Gift Form or online payment confirmation)
- Donate to the AB scholarship fund, visit the Student Affairs Giving page and click “Make a Gift Online.”
- Pursue sponsorship and naming opportunities, contact Terry Zacker at 301.314.8505 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
"We strongly believe that transformative learning occurs both, in and out of the classroom…..in fact, the world is one big classroom. Stepping outside familiar boundaries, opens up a whole new vista…of people, communities and cultural enrichment. Travel through the Alternative Breaks Program, offers our students the opportunity to make a difference through guided initiatives. Students develop a wider view and appreciate the communities they serve. We are ardent supporters of the Alternative Breaks Program and serve on the Alternative Breaks Scholarship Committee to support our deserving Terps in their quest to become outstanding local and global citizens and leaders!"
-- Nina and Bakul Chibber ('95, Smith School of Business), proud parents of Tarah ('15, Smith School of Business)