In the event that your student organization has left over funds from an SGA approved program and/or line item or you wish to use all of your pre-approved funds for a new program and/or line item, you must submit a Line Item Request form which can be found under the Forms tab in the SGA Financial Officers portal. Line Item Transfers provide organizations with some flexibility within their budgets by allowing them to submit a request to move money from a specific line into another line or program.
There are three types of Line Item Transfer Requests:
- Type I provides for moving funds from one program to another while keeping the same/original line item
- Type II provides for moving funds from one line to another while keeping the same/original program
- Type III provides for moving funds from one program to another program into a different line item
Line Item Transfer Guidelines
- Submit a Line Item Transfer Request form which can be found under the Forms tab in the SGA Financial Officers portal.
- For more information on the SGA Financial Officers portal, refer to the SORC Financial Services Manual.
- Requests will be reviewed using the SGA Finance Committee's discretionary guidelines and documentation requirements as noted in the Manual on Financial Affairs and Discretionary Guidelines which can be found here.
- SORC payment deadlines will also be considered to ensure that there is sufficient time for any payments to be approved by the university.
- Line Item Transfer requests are forwarded to the SGA Finance Committee for review.
- Once a decision has been reached by the SGA Finance Committee, the organization will be notified via e-mail and if approved, the funds will be available for use immediately.
- If you are requesting the transfer of funds from multiple programs, a separate Line Item Transfer Request form must be submitted for each program.