Adele H. Stamp Student Union - Center for Campus Life
eCalendar: Risk Management and Insurance
- All non-university clients hosting event in the Stamp will be required to obtain liability insurance.
- Student organizations may be required to obtain liability insurance for events deemed to involve risk or liability to university students, personnel, facilities, equipment or community. Student organizations are not currently covered by the Univresity's general liability insuracne.
- Any event with a speaker that is not a current UMCP student or employee, may be required to have liabillity insurance.
- All events are reviewed by the Stamp Event & Guest Services Office for potential liability. Events that are deemed to have a potential for liability to the university are forwarded to the University Risk Management Office for review and a final determination on the need for insurance.
- The certificate of insurance must provide a minimum of $1 million in coverage limits.
- The certificate of insurance must include the University of Maryland as the certificate holder and as an additional named insured for the event and use of facilities.
- The Certificate of Insurance (COI) should be sent two weeks prior to the event to: University of Maryland, DES-Risk Management, 3115 Chesapeake, College Park, MD 20740.
- A copy of the COI should also be forwarded to the Event Coordinator.
- Clients may purchase liability insurance coverage through the Tenants User Liability Insurance Program https://essr.umd.edu/risk/tulip-tenants-and-users-liability-insurance-policy