Adele H. Stamp Student Union - Center for Campus Life

eCalendar: Bake Sales


The Prince George's County Health Department will require you to obtain a one day Special Event Health Permit,  EXCEPT:

  • When you sell individually wrapped, baked goods PREPARED AT HOME, that are not likely to cause a food related illness.   Examples of these foods would include cupcakes, muffins, brownies, candy, and homemade doughnuts.   HOWEVER IF YOU PURCHASE THESE SAME ITEMS FROM  A STORE, YOU MUST HAVE A ONE DAY SPECIAL EVENT HEALTH PERMIT.  
  • Baked goods that contain custards, meats, cheese, rice, alcoholic beverages, or anything that must be refrigerated or heated to be eaten safely  require a ONE DAY SPECIAL EVENT HEALTH PERMIT
  • Prepackaged, non-perishable, sealed beverages or snacks MUST be Pepsi products including Aqua Fina Water, Dole Fruit Juices, Frito Lay Potato Chips, etc.


Only members of registed student organizations and university departments sell or serve the food and beverages

You must have outside table space reserved in advance; bake sales will not be approved for spaces inside the Stamp

If your event requires a one day special event health permit, you must provide proof of the permit  to your Event Coordinator, prior to your event, or the event will be cancelled.

If your group would like to sell other food items beyond what is listed above or if you want to have catering services on campus (outside of the Stamp) please review the full Catering on Campus guidelines.