University of Maryland Veterans Scholarships
The 2020-2021 Veterans Scholarship Application is NOW OPEN. To fill out and submit an application, please go to go.umd.edu/VetScholarship
***Deadline: Monday, May 18, 2020 at 11:59 PM***
Apply for a University of Maryland, College Park Veterans Scholarship for the 2020-2021 Academic School year. Last year we awarded over 50 scholarships totaling over $225,000 in value. If you applied for the Tillman Scholarship this year you will automatically be considered for all University of Maryland Veteran Scholarships - this does not include non-veteran specific scholarships or veterans scholarships administered by the State of Maryland or other entities.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
Who is eligible to apply for the University of Maryland scholarships?
Veterans, Active Duty service members, National Guard, reservists or family members who:
- Wish to start, finish, or further their education at the University of Maryland, College Park.
- Have served in active duty or reserve capacity for any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, or National Guard, or are dependents of someone who has served.
- Are registered full- or part-time at UMD and are pursuing undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate degrees.
What criteria will be considered for awarding a Veterans Scholarship?
- Educational and career ambitions
- Record of personal achievement
- Record of military service (or service as a spouse/family member); motivation for serving
- Compelling, thoughtful and thorough essay question responses
- Unmet financial need
Applicants will be considered for all scholarships for which they are qualified. Application and all supporting materials must be received by May 18, 2020.
NOTE: For maximum consideration, please ensure that you complete your 2020-2021 FAFSA (https://fafsa.ed.gov/).
The University of Maryland, College Park is dedicated to supporting educational opportunities for student veterans and active duty service members and their family members. The UMD Veterans scholarships will provide support for student veterans to pursue their educational goals. The scholarships are intended to cover direct study-related expenses such as tuition, fees, books, and room and board. Scholarships are for one year with the opportunity for current recipients to reapply in subsequent years.
For questions or additional information, you may contact David Reese at firstname.lastname@example.org